Monday, May 7, 2012

Dau 188 - Why ain't she eating her supper?

What are all those dratted little flitty bugs in the garden?  Are they the result of the unnaturally hot, dry weather we've had?  Are they some sort of blood-sucking leafhoppers feeding off the sickly, stunted lettuce?
Cat and Cilantro
 Maybe I can hire the cat to walk the garden all day, keeping the bugs stirred up.


Is it just my imagination that most of the seeds I ordered this year are not working out?  Is it because I changed seed companies or just a coincidence?  The beets are doing fine, but I think I bought the seeds at Lowes.  The Swiss Chard, lettuce, purple hulll peas and onions--all of which I ordered--are doing poorly.  The potatoes are okay but I remember complaining that there weren't enough eyes to plant the whole row.

So next year I'm switching back to Gurney's.  The same logic that created most Old Farmer's Planting Rules is rampant and alive in my brain.

Chance of rain tonight.

No comments: