Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 189 - curiosity or just plain nosyness?

Yum!  Swedish meatballs made with grass-fed beef!  It's nothing like the junk I used to cook, in taste or nutritional value--it's yum!

I'm told you can taste the difference between free-range chicken and caged chicken, but last time I bought one I didn't notice it.  Probably the sauce was overpowering--I'll try again on Sunday.  I got the menu worked out while I was walking dogs:  baked chicken with herbs; Swiss chard from the garden; green beans from the garden; roasted corn.

If the garden survives--see the adorable little caterpillar.





See the adorable little caterpillar eat.  See the adorable little caterpillar eat the garden.  Bad caterpillar.  Bad.

Poor Izzy.  Her learned response to big, scary humans is to run away, but her curiosity gets the better of her.  Today when I was in the bedroom, putting on the running shoes, she came to see where I was.  When I looked up and spoke to her she whirled and vanished...and returned two seconds later.

The second time she came up and sniffed me and let me rub her behind the ears.





No comments: