Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 208 - what did they eat?

Wow!  Disaster struck in the night and my carpet was the innocent victim.  I heard the cat throwing up sometime in the night, but I didn't get up--it was already too late.  But I didn't expect the diarrhea in the dining room.  Probably Izzy.  I'd noticed on our walk yesterday that Werewolf was suffering loose bowels, but I didn't expect it from her.  For months now we've been safe from nighttime visitations--could it have been those dried "lamb lungs" I gave them yesterday?

Beautiful broccoli...

It should have been cut two or three days earlier.  The flowers are starting to open and it's a tiny bit bitter.
The online how-to-grow guide says you should soak the head in one part salt to five parts water for 25 minutes, then rinse it to get rid of little caterpillars and worms.  Sounds like a waste of good protein to me.  But I'll do it.

Later.
It turned out I had more broccoli than I needed for the beef and broccoli stir-fry.  I made sweet and sour pork, too, plus Chinese green beans and fried tofu.  And brown rice but of course no one but me will eat that.
I haven't tasted it yet so I can't tell you how it turned out.  I'm too tired!



No comments: