Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 190 - where did the wet spot on the bedroom carpet come from?

See the sweet little baby beans?

Just like kittens, they turn into big, hairy things that take over your life.  I have one paltry bed, 25 feet long, planted with two rows of dainty little Italian-style beans.  Three days ago I took this picture and now I have beans out the whazoodle.

The worst of it is, you can't ignore 'em.  Other legumes like black-eyed peas will get up to their optimal size and stop growing.  They turn yellow and then gray, and hang there until you pick them.

Not these beans.  They're like tapeworms--they won't stop growing.  If I don't pick them small, I end up with big, stringy pods that only a native American could relish.




Re the wet spot on the carpet--when I got home late, the dogs were in the house and the humans were gone to church.  So I guess it's my fault--shouldn't have gotten home so late.

No comments: