Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 204 - bean blues and campy alliteration

She finally ate supper last night but this morning, apparently not.  When I came home from work her breakfast bowl was on the counter--full.  She just ate it now.

Something awful is happening to my beans.  It's hot and very dry--getting up into the lower nineties--but that's not the whole story.  They look diseased.  Whether it's just a normal bean virus getting a foothold because the plants are stressed by heat or whether it was a bad variety of bean, I am determined not to order it again.

However, the purple hull peas look great and I'm even seeing a few tiny, potential pea pods.

Yesterday I watered the south plot for a full 1-1/2 hours and today I'm doing the same with the north plot.  The south plot looks good--the soil is still nicely dark.  If it looks the same tomorrow I might skip a day and try to get them on a 3-day schedule.




Finally!  Here's that weird bug I was trying to ID a few years ago.  I'm sure it's a predator of some sort.  My good friend.

No comments: