Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 196 - dog eat dog

On the walk today, Izzy tended to lag a little behind.  We can't have that!  Zack, on the other hand, nearly went ballistic when a neighbor's little dog ran alongside their fence and barked at us.  He acted like he wanted to either fight it or play with it--I’ve never seen him act like that before.

After dealing with the green bean deluge yesterday, I was happy to find a normal quantity awaiting me today.  I composted the big ones but filled a quart-sized freezer bag with the little ones.

See that little green ball over to the right side of the bean pod, right next to two big holes?
 












It's a mean green bean-eating machine.


The purple hull peas are finally starting to climb!  Early in the season I thought they were going to die of some dread disease. Now they look superb.

No comments: