Saturday, May 5, 2012

Day 186 weeds grow. So do tomatoes but not so fast.

Now I'm finally facing up to the consequences of a spring weekend spent in Arkansas.

Weeds.

Not to mention dirt-dry soil.  The peppers are wilting; the lettuce is stunted; even the Swiss Chard looks stressed.  I haven't looked closely at the tomatoes yet because they're hard to see--the weeds between the rows are so tall they're starting to shade the plants.  But what I can see, is they need to be tied up to the cages before they sprawl all over the ground and get stuck that way.

I'll try to post a before/after picture tomorrow.

On the Dog front, there are many problems.  (And the cat front--he badly needs combing.  When he grooms himself, he swallows so much hair that I worry about the state of his esophagus.)

The main problem is Small Dog.  He badly needs clipping, especially around his eyes.  And that's the most impossible part to clip.  And I think I missed a heartworming and flea dropping last weekend...yes...I'm sure I did.  No wonder he scratches so much!

Better get to it.

No comments: