Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day 198 - never caught a rabbit

Today we all had an extra-long walk...with rabbits.  One rabbit.  Werewolf and Zack both saw it but poor Izzy didn't.  I'm not even sure if she smelled it.  In the kennel she grew up in, I doubt if she ever saw or smelled a rabbit.

As mentioned yesterday, I did drag the hose out today but I only got one row of the garden watered.  The sprinkler was broken--it wouldn't oscillate--so I left it stuck and wet down the peppers and Swiss chard pretty well.  First thing tomorrow I'll get out and water the green beans and the herbs, and then I'll hook up the soaker hose in the strawberries while I WD-40 the sprinkler real well.




I caught a squash bug in the act--see? 







The interesting thing is, these unsightly insects are seldom a serious pest and they don't spread disease like the lovely little cucumber beetles.  It's sad--the cucumber beetles look a lot like ladybugs.  I wanted to like them!

No comments: